Preventative dentistry keeps Vernon smiles healthyRisk of cavities, gum disease, and many other oral problems can be minimized by partnering with a qualified dental team. That is great news, since oral health impacts your comfort, appearance, and whole body wellness. Aberdeen Dental provides preventative dentistry services to keep patients in the Vernon area smiling with vitality.
What are the benefits of preventative dentistry?By avoiding oral issues, you also avoid:
- Discomfort from toothaches.
- Inability to eat the foods you love.
- The cost of dental work – fillings, crowns, root canal therapy, extractions, dental implants, and oral surgeries.
- Missed time from school or work for extra dental appointments.
- Detriment to your appearance.
- Health issues related to dental problems.
What should you expect from a hygiene visit?The hygienist cleans your teeth thoroughly using special instruments to remove bacteria, plaque, and tartar, finishing with a polish. You also get a demonstration of proper brushing and flossing techniques.
The dentist performs a thorough examination, including:
- X-rays to assess oral development (in children), and to detect tooth decay and bone loss.
- Oral cancer screening – a painless inspection of the gums, cheeks, tongue, lips, face, and neck to identify abnormalities.
- An evaluation of each tooth, to be sure existing restorations are in good condition, and to check for tooth decay or trauma (chips, breakage, or cracks).
- The dentist may recommend fluoride treatment or dental sealant as further protection against tooth decay.
Why is gum disease a concern?Untreated gum disease can cause teeth to fall out. It is linked to a host of serious health problems including diabetes, stroke, heart attack, and Alzheimer’s disease. In most cases, gum disease can be prevented with good home hygiene and regular checkups. We also offer effective therapies to get the condition under control, and manage it with more frequent deep cleanings.
Your oral health is in good hands with preventative dentistry at Aberdeen Dental in Vernon. Call (250) 545-3319.