There is no better place to keep your teeth and gums healthy than at your trusted dentist’s office. Preventive dental services at Aberdeen Dental in Vernon, BC include recall visits.
Generally scheduled every six months, recall visits include professional cleanings and dental exams. During your exam, Dr. Dhaliwal or Dr. O’Shea will look for signs of problems. These conditions may be detected with a visual inspection or X-rays. The dental team uses advanced, digital technologies for utmost comfort, safety, and precision diagnostics. An accurate diagnosis allows effective, prompt treatment of dental problems.
Your dentist looks for signs including:
- Spaces or periodontal pockets where bacteria flourish
- Bone loss
The Aberdeen Dental team assesses:
- Condition of your teeth
- Plaque and tartar buildup
- Spacing and bite
- Early signs of cavities, such as visible pits and stains
The condition of restorations and previously-treated teeth can affect surrounding teeth, so your dentist checks for:
- How well your fillings, root canals, and crowns are holding up
- Wear, and the current fit of your dentures or other prosthetics
Exams go beyond the oral cavity. Dr. Dhaliwal or Dr. O’Shea will look for:
- White patches and other signs of mouth and throat cancers
- Suspicious growths and cysts
- Inflammation in your glands and lymph nodes, which can suggest any number of conditions from viral infections to bacterial illnesses
Your dentist can also see how well the joint that connects your jaw and skull is functioning, and related conditions such as:
- Chipped or excessively worn teeth caused by teeth-grinding
- Sore jaws and tenderness, which can be indicative of problems with the temporomandibular Joint
Aberdeen Dental is honoured to be your “dental home,” to help you enjoy a healthy, beautiful smile and provide effective treatment for oral health concerns.